$36,000 – 38,000
Entry Level Position
Fundraising, Development, Planned Giving, Events, Grant Writing
Headquarters Jefferson City, MO
The Development Specialist will perform duties related to grant writing, fundraising, marketing, and public relation. The Development Specialist will be involved with stewardship activities related to non-profit fundraising, grant writing and relationship management, including working with the CEO to create and implement the fundraising, development, grant writing and communications strategy for Central Missouri Foster Care & Adoption Association, as well as donor and grant research and tracking.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Program Development, Maintenance and Relationships:
• Direct campaigns in conjunction with CEO
• Identify, solicit, cultivate and manage relationships with current and potential individual, corporate and foundation donors to establish or increase their level of giving.
• Develop, implement and manage all activities related to attracting and securing donations on behalf of CMFCAA. Build outstanding relationships with donors and personally solicit major and other gifts.
• Develop and implement a compelling donor recognition and stewardship program including monthly donors, and major gifts.
• Attend and participate in all scheduled meetings and trainings.
• Develop prospecting lists for the CEO and overall agency.
• Provide oversight for donor software system (Salsa System and SAM database) insuring accuracy of all data and maintain database of donors, prospective donors, gifts, pledges, and other appropriate information.
• Participate as an active team member with all agency departments (i.e. attend meetings as assigned, ensure availability of residents for scheduled on and off campus appointments, etc.) so the agency’s efforts to assist clients and maintain licensing/contract/COA standards are coordinated for maximum effectiveness.
• Expand CMFCAA’s relationships with new and existing foundation funders.
• Manage grant time line and prepare all grant proposals and grant reports in compliance with timelines given by foundations or funders.
• Manage existing grants to ensure compliance with grant/award agreement.
• Lead the planning, organization, production and successful execution of Central Missouri Foster Care & Adoption Association’s annual fundraising events. These currently include November Gala, Luau, and the Journey Home Bus Tour.
• Provide oversight and leadership to all CMFCAA’s fundraising and donor recognition events including those conducted through other organizations - open houses, Luau, CoMoGives Campaign, Token projects, etc.
• Solicit sponsorships for CMFCAA events.
Planning and Analysis
• Develop, implement and monitor the Annual Development Plan in collaboration with the CEO.
• Create and execute strategy to diversify revenue streams to increase sustainability.
• Evaluate progress toward fundraising goals, assess and analyze results, prepare and provide monthly reports for the CEO, CFO, CMFCAA Board and recommend changes or additions to planning and execution.
• Direct all activities in the development plan including mailings and annual fundraising drives.
• Plan, develop and execute successful campaigns for Giving Tuesday and the Year End Annual Campaign in conjunction with headquarters office.
• Develop and oversee the creation of materials to support fundraising activities.
• Make public appearances/accept speaking engagements to share information about Central Missouri Foster Care & Adoption Association with the community.
• Maintain a development calendar including events, deadlines for proposals and reports, campaigns and other key development activities.
• Provide content for monthly e-newsletter.
• Maintain strong, open communication with CEO regarding services delivered, concerns or questions.
• Grow social media avenues, focusing on visibility outreach and actionable engagement.
• Solid commitment to the principles of support and advocacy for foster, kinship and adoptive families.
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or related field.
• The ability to collaborate and advocate for positive outcomes, using excellent interpersonal skills in multi-disciplinary, diverse, and dynamic professional teams.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Ability to organize and prioritize work effectively.
• Ability to work independently.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Public speaking skills preferred.
• Knowledge and experience with data entry systems and reporting preferred
• Knowledge of social media tools preferred.
• Ability to conduct literature and online database searches.
• Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications – including Microsoft Office programs.
• Experience with graphics programs like Adobe Creative Cloud, InDesign and others.
• Experience working with marginalized communities with a nuanced understanding of systemic oppressions.
• Flexibility and adaptability, able to shift styles to fit the needs of a wide range of cultures, people, and organizations.
Compensation and Benefits
• Salary commensurate with experience and education.
• Full-time, exempt position.
• Health insurance benefit 80/20, 25K paid Life Insurance plan, Match of a Simple IRA, vacation and sick benefits are provided as well. We also provide access to dental insurance and short-term disability for purchase.
• Mileage reimbursement at federal rate (must provide copy of insurance card)
• Usage of Company Vehicle (provided complete and clear driving background has been submitted)